For Lila's birthday we had a "Winter Onederland" set up for her and her baby friends! I did a little bit from Pinterest, but honestly the first year flew by so fast that it left me a little rushed trying to put it all together. My motto is "we'll be better next year!".
I made a tulle wreath for the door that matched the colors of her invitations. We went minimal with decor, since she's one. No need to pull out all the stops for something she won't remember. What she does love right now are the things they hang from the ceiling at daycare, so I picked up a few foam snowflakes (on sale after Christmas!) and sprayed some glitter on them. She loved it!
We added some snowman garland, a few snowflake lights and we were ready to go! Our birthday girl slept right up until after guests started arriving, so she was nice and rested for her first birthday party.
I ordered her dress late (I'll be better next year, right?) and could not believe that it got here in time. She had a great time walking around with friends and playing. After awhile, it was time for some food! We kept it simple with goldfish and cupcakes, turkey pinwheels and macaroni salad. My favorite was the hot chocolate bar, with peppermint and chocolate dipped marshmallows, chocolate pretzels and whipped cream. Yum!
Lila opened her presents with some help from Hayden and mom and dad, and Hayden was super excited to have presents, too. We tried to make quick work of the presents so we could let Lila get down to the cake.
She got lots of sweet baby dolls and toys to play with, and some super cute clothes. Hayden was immediately distracted by the cool Playmobil Pirate toys from the Bakers, and made our guests get to work putting them together (Thanks Lizard!).
After a quick birthday song, Lila got to work on her cake. She didn't like it as much as the one the day before, for her pictures, but she ate a little bit. After that, it was a quick bath, outfit change and time to play with friends! I think she had a great birthday, and we are so grateful to all the friends that came to celebrate with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment