Monday, April 7, 2008

Belly bubbles

Soon after I found out I was pregnant, I had a terrible cramping in my lower belly and FREAKED out. After a few rolaids, some deep breaths and my trusty What to Expect... I remembered that I'd had a banana before bed, and that bananas give me indigestion. My book assured me that cramping was normal, as it is everything stretching out in there to make room. Sure enough, a few minutes went by and that cramp was a bubble in the middle of my belly, then a giant burp. All's well that ends well.

I've discovered my stomach is particularly sensitive now that there's a tiny little life added to our daily routine. Still no morning sickness thankfully, but I'm more apt to have indigestion and heartburn...Jay is certainly NOT missing out on much excitement here!

I still have a giant bruise from my first round of bloodwork. Maybe I'll bring that up next time. I have this really great baby organizer book that has a section for obstetrician visits, with room to write questions. Last time I was taking everything in and trying to keep my wits about me, so I was scatterbrained. But I'll be prepared next time!

No comments: