What a busy few days it's been for us! We got three giant boxes of all kinds of baby stuff from Jay's family in VA, so much that it filled up four washers! I washed crib and bassinet sheets, onesies and booties, blankets and pajamas. I was on a roll, so I went ahead and washed all his other clothes and sheets and towels (a few more washers full!) and as of right now, everything is clean. Well, until Jay checked the mail. But it's not as much this time!
Jay went on a cleaning spree and we moved around the furniture for his sort-of nursery. Our February move and recalled crib mean that his room is a little sparse. We have his dresser and bassinet, and are still waiting for my chair to get here from the PX in Ramstein. And my friend Jen from college made a sign with Hayden's name on it that should be here soon! He's teaching us to be minimalists, that's for sure.
In addition to washing all of Hayden's stuff, Jay finally unloaded his duffel bags from Afghanistan. That plus our regular laundry means I did TWENTY loads of laundry in THREE days. We spent most of the weekend finally getting some things in order, and I spent all day today cleaning. I think it's less "nesting" and more "the house has been a mess since Jay got home". There's always more to be done, but it's coming along.
Congratulations to Mary Hilliard and Pete, who welcomed Edward Grayson Moran on Sunday at 8 lbs, 8oz. Little blessings everywhere!
I'm in the third-trimester no-sleep phase apparently, and have a hard time falling and staying asleep at night. That makes for long days, even when I get a nap in. Oscar naps with me, on his couch, because he's not sleeping well either! After a few weeks of complete freedom, we've had to reign him in a little, and now he sleeps upstairs again until he can control some of his chewing urges. He'll get there soon, I'm sure. And it'll be easier with clean floors and tables.
Less than nine weeks to go and I can't believe it's almost here!
1 comment:
wow that is a lot of laundry! And i pray that GOD will give you rest so that you can sleep through the night! YEAH for only 9 more weeks!
Post a Comment