My first day I read. And read. And because I read fast, they ran out of reading for me so I filed. Super, since I already knew how to do both of those. My schedule is pretty sweet; most days I'm in from 11-4, some days 12-5. Everyone starts out part time with a later option to move to full time. It's perfect for my first job after Hayden's birth. I'm only gone from him about five hours a day and he sleeps three of that. Right now our friend Cassandra is watching him AT OUR HOUSE, which is about the sweetest setup you can get. They have a really good time together and he gets to be in his normal surroundings and stay on the schedule he's used to. Day one was a little crazy since we had to do a little car swapping so Cassandra could get her tire fixed (finally!) but since then he's done really well.
Day two I started learning my actual job, which involves everything from figuring out why an
ATM card won't work to opening new accounts, account maintenance and bill payments. I really like it! The challenge, as with any job, is learning the system and how everything works. There are lots of new things to learn every day and it's a ton of fun to use my brain for things other than scheduling meals and changing diapers. I love being a mom and a wife, but I needed something that uses my brain even if it doesn't use my degree.
My first week went really well work-wise, but it was the after-work activities that wore us out! We had something to do every day after I got off work and seven inches of snow between my first two days. The weekend was also busy but we are getting into the swing of things and figuring it all out. Hayden has THREE new teeth, two on the top and one on the bottom. That brings our total to seven. Wow!
In two weeks I go to training about two hours from here, and luckily they were able to accomodate Hayden in their child development center while I'm there! That means we'll have our mornings and nights together and he'll spend his days at the CDC hanging out with other kids his age. It will definitely be an adjustment for him but he'll get through it! And if anything, it will probably help him sleep better at night. Two weeks in a hotel room will be an adventure but we are up for it!
Hayden has also turned into a full-fledged monkey, climbing on anything that sits more than a foot off the ground. He is pretty good at it, just like his mom was as a baby. He likes to take the toys out of his box and make a spot to sit in, and then park it there for a few. He is getting into lots of mischief, which is to be expected at this age. I love his determination and his awareness of what will get him in trouble. Those blue eyes and that smile only get him so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment