Monday, January 11, 2010

The snow keeps coming

We were suppposed to get a pretty bad snowstorm this weekend, but it turned out to be just a few inches of light, fluffy powder. We stay put a lot in the snow but with my new all-season tires I feel pretty good about driving around in the thick of it. We took a quick trip to the antique store on Saturday and when we got back I figured since Hayden was already dressed for the snow, we should try it out! I love his snowsuit and his new hat, he's just so cute. I took him out in the front yard since it's smaller and I thought it would be less intimidating. Hayden wanted nothing to do with it! I don't know if it was too cold or too close to lunch time, but next time we'll try it with Oscar who LOVES the snow and can make anyone excited.

I start my new job today and luckily I don't have to be in until 11 because it's STILL snowing. 6-7 inches is probably a good estimate of what's in my front yard right now and it's coming down steadily. Today is a little bit of a hectic day, since our friend Cassandra will be watching Hayden but has a car appointment this morning. So we'll be car swapping and meeting on post instead of her coming straight to the house. I figure this week will be a learning experience for all of us, so wish us luck! Hayden likes Cassandra but I'm worried about him being sad that I'm not home with him all day. He's tough, he'll be fine :-) We also have an FRG meeting as soon as I get off work, so it's going to be a long day for us. Tomorrow should be more calm! Hayden did wake up at 3 this morning and just needed a little cuddle time. He didn't want milk or even to play in our bed like he usually does; he sat down next to me in the bed for a minute and then laid down right next to me with his head in the crook of my neck. I guess sometimes we just need a snuggle to put us back to sleep!

1 comment:

SJ said...

About the cutest pictures I have ever seen!! How about a "First Day of Work" Blog update?? I'm dying to know how it went...I'm sure you rocked it!!!