We were going to wait until 6 months to start Lila on solids, just like we did with Hayden. But if the last five months have taught me anything, it's that babies are all different from one another. Lila sits in her high chair while we eat dinner, and she's absolutely obsessed with everything we put in our mouths. She watches every bite, every sip, and reaches to grab anything in her path. So we decided to try a little baby oatmeal and see how she felt about it.
She was a little suspicious at first, having spent her whole life so far on a liquid diet. But she got the hang of it pretty quickly, and seemed to like eating a little something at the table like us. Babies have a tendency to push stuff out of their mouths, so it's a fully focused affair to try to get about a tablespoon of oatmeal in her mouth at one sitting. But what a fun adventure!
Not bad for our first try! With the help of some friends and a few good websites, I've started making her baby food. I've only tried squash so far, but it was so quick and easy that I hope to make all of her food. We spend time at the local farmer's market every weekend, so I'm excited to pick some local produce to steam and puree, feed and freeze. I'm also excited to try some "out of the box" foods that Gerber doesn't make...like avocado, melons, beans and mango. The sky's the limit, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment