Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fathers day part two...

Funny, since I haven't yet blogged part one of Father's Day! Later...I suppose.

Part of Jay's gift included two sets of concert tickets. The first tickets were to the Brothers of the Sun Tour in Charlotte, featuring Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Jake Owen and Grace Potter. These you couldn't get e-tickets for, so I checked the mail like a madman for three days before realizing I could track them online! They showed up via FedEx two days before Father's Day (!) and I was really excited to give them to Jay. So it's shaping up to be a summer of concerts!


We met up with some old friends from high school before the concert and had a good time despite the heat. As we were walking into Bank of America stadium, it rained just a little bit. I was hoping it was just enough to cool it off, but really it was just enough to make it humid. Ick.


We didn't have great seats (hey, this gift was one of four, okay?) but we enjoyed our first trip to the Panthers stadium and can't wait to go to a game. It rained during Jake Owen's performance so we missed that but were okay with it. The rain stopped for Grace Potter, but we weren't really pumped about her.
But then Tim McGraw came out, and got the party started. He sang a lot of his old songs, which kept the crowd on its feet for most of the show. He played two hours, including two encores, and when he came out to sing "I like it, I love it", he brought a surprise guest...Scotty McCreery, last year's American Idol winner!


The concert started at 4:30, and Kenny Chesney didn't start playing until after 8. Being the old, workin' folks that we are, we had to leave early but I was glad to not to have to fight traffic with 49,000+ other people trying to get home on a Sunday night! We had a blast, and are ready for our next concert in July!


No comments: