We decided to surprise Jay with a few gifts this Fathers Day. I ordered two sets of concert tickets that I came across, since we had so much fun at the Dierks Bentley concert. One is in June, right around the corner, and the other is in late July. But they're both at different venues, so I'm excited to travel a little for some mommy-daddy time!
His big present was the grill. We LOVE to grill. In the summertime, I can eat just about anything off of the grill. And I love charcoal. But sometimes it's a pain to fire up the charcoal grill for just a few chicken breasts or hamburgers. Solution? A duo grill! Half propane, half charcoal, with a burner on the side and room on the other side for a smoker box. Win-win!
This is the "before" picture. I tried so hard to keep everything a secret, but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up through the weekend. So I arranged to pick it up at Lowes on Friday before Father's Day on Sunday. Picked it up, got it home, and was confused as to why the cover didn't fit. Then I realized...when they assembled it, they put the wrong lids on the wrong sides! Ugh. I called Lowes, and spoke to the least helpful person possible who suggested I just fix it myself. Sure, I'll do that. Except, I just paid a lot of money and am not satisfied with what I received. I made a quick trip to Lowes, and sure enough a manager was glad to assist me. He had two workers at my house early Saturday morning with a new grill, this time put together the right way!
We celebrated Father's Day with a little bourbon salmon, some shrimp and our new favorite, grilled bruschetta! I also found this sweet little sign, perfect for Jay's first father's day as a dad to two.
No comments:
Post a Comment