Monday, October 31, 2011

Carving pumpkins

This year we decided Hayden was old enough to enjoy and appreciate the family art of carving pumpkins. I of course serve as the photographer for events like this since I've a) never ACTUALLY carved a pumpkin myself; b) don't like to get my hands dirty; and c) If I don't serve as the photog, Jay either won't, or he'll take all the pics in "action" mode. No thank you.


He was so excited to help daddy with the tools!



While he was terribly curious about what was in there and what daddy was doing, he had NO interest in helping when he realized he would get his hands dirty. That kid is all boy until he gets his hands dirty and then he turns into his mother. Upside? He LOVES to wash his hands.



Helping daddy "finish" up. Aka, he did a lot of wandering around the deck while Jay carved.


Our spooky jack-o-lantern, lit up and ready for Halloween!

No comments: