Thursday, October 27, 2011

A month of birthdays

In our family, things tend to happen in clusters. This month, it's birthdays!

Eric turned 32 on October 13th; wow, old! This is the six months of the year that he's three years older than me and not two, so I like to give him a hard time.

Jay turned 27 on October 19th. Hayden and I baked him a chocolate cake, picked up a dvd of one of his favorite shows...and oh yeah, I bought him a house. I told him it's only fair, since I get to celebrate my birthday with a newborn baby girl (unless she's late!). We went out to dinner at Village Tavern to celebrate, and he had a Friday night off for the first time since January. Perfect!

Ryan turned 7 years old on October 24th. So strange to me that seven whole years have gone by since I became an aunt. What a fun little guy he's turned out to be. We'll be celebrating his birthday this weekend, but Hayden got REALLY excited to call him and tell him "Happy Birthday" on Monday. He loves his cousins and since Ryan is an older boy that plays football and basketball, I'm pretty sure Hayden idolizes him.

We round out the month with Halloween and have a few minutes to catch our breath before Hayden's birthday and Thanksgiving!

No comments: