Thursday, October 27, 2011

A visit from the President

Last week, President Barack Obama visited the GTCC campus. We were allotted a certain number of tickets for staff to be able to attend, and I got to go! Regardless of political views, I think it's important to respect the office of the President, and to be informed on all sides when it comes to politics. He spoke on his plan to create jobs and what it means for the state of North Carolina, and even gave the BBQ a little shout out (as long as we promised not to tell Michelle). I was disappointed that more students weren't able to attend, and surprised he didn't use the platform to speak on the new student loan options, but it was an amazing experience nonetheless!


Some of my coworkers and myself, excited to be there!


President Obama, speaking to the crowd. What an experience! Security was tight, lines were long and the message was short, but well worth the wait. Excited to vote in this year's non-Presidential election! In fact, just yesterday I updated my voter registration to reflect my new address. If you don't vote, don't expect to be heard!

No comments: