Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas Eve

We actually had a quiet Christmas Eve in preparation for our very busy Christmas Day. We went out to eat with Gloria and came home to rest up for the festivities that Christmas would bring. Hayden had long since decided what sort of cookies we were making for Santa (pre-made, pre-cut dough, the horror!) and I obliged by letting him put them on the cookie sheet to bake. It's hard for a control freak mom to not put those perfect little circles in perfect little rows, but he gets SO excited to help I just couldn't correct it.


We even picked up a special plate for Santa's cookies, which Hayden was really excited about.



While the cookies were cooling, Hayden took a quick bath and got into his Christmas pajamas. Once they were cool, he took great care in selecting the cookies for the plate and arranging them in particular fashion. Every once in awhile, he is totally my child.


He went to bed shortly after, but only because we promised that Santa would not come if he were awake. He actually slept in a little bit, waking up on Christmas morning around 730 instead of his usual 6 o'clock hour. I think all the anticipation wore him out. And I think Santa really liked the cookies!


No comments: