We like to eat in Financial Aid, particularly when we relocate downstairs for open registration and the drop/add period. We're in tiny cubicles, seeing student after student, and food makes us feel better. We knew this past Friday that the school would not be providing us food so we arranged a quick fiesta for ourselves! Carol made Jason's mexican dip and I volunteered to make taco soup. Anything in the crock pot is ideal for all-day consumption and it was a cold day, so it was win-win. Sidenote: I dished out a small crock pot's worth of the soup before adding the meat so our vegetarian co-worker could enjoy it with us. I think I could even eat it without meat!
Brown 1 lb ground beef with 1 medium, chopped onion. Drain, add to crock. Add:
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chiles
(or)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel
......
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg dry ranch dressing
1 can spicy V-8 juice
Salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne to taste
4-6 hours on low, stir as necessary. Serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips!
No comments:
Post a Comment