Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A quick recipe...

Last night we needed something easy and fast, so I mixed a can of cream of chicken soup with a packet of ranch and poured it over my pork chops. 35 minutes at 375 and dinner was done! I really wanted to make mashed potatoes to go with it but I didn't have quite enough potatoes so we went all green-veggie.

Tonight we need something quick and easy that Jay can cook before class, so I took chicken breasts and topped them with the leftover bruschetta from my baby shower this weekend. Garlic, oregano and peppper, a splash of red wine vinegar (I could have SWORN we had balsamic but we didn't) and some parmesan and it's in the fridge ready for 30 minutes at 375. I tossed some potatoes with olive oil, garlic, onion powder and pepper and they'll roast for an hour to go with it. We are doing comfort food the rest of this week, with spaghetti sauce going in the crock pot tonight and chicken pot pie on deck for Thursday. We'll round out the week with dinner out on Friday with my co-workers for a baby shower, but that's what the Rogers are eating this week!

No comments: