Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A finished room: The dining room

Well. Slowly we finish up small projects in the new house. I think I can safely say that the dining room is COMPLETE. It's the one room we had all the furniture for when we moved out of the apartment, and the one I had a complete vision for. Before Lila, it was the one room that stayed clean all the time. Now the fourth seat is where we dump mail, books, bags, etc. But luckily I cleaned it this weekend and snapped a few pics.


Eventually we'll set up Lila's high chair but that's a ways off. For now, when we eat dinner she's in her bouncy seat just inches off the floor, with me using my foot to give her a little rocking motion.


Remember the gold light fixture? Thanks to Monique, we no longer have to look at "the ugly one" (Hayden's words. Even he knew.). I love looking at our travel pictures while we eat; it's a fun reminder of where we've been, but that home is where we want to be.


I LOVE the red in this room, and love how my blue plates look on the wall against it. I also love that the valances I adored in a warm brown were on sale the day I went to buy them. This room has so much light when the sun is streaming in, so it's hard to get good pictures in the early evening (which is when I always think to take them).


I also love the way the dark furniture gives this room its character. Who knew being a homeowner was so much fun? And expensive. In case you forgot what it looked like when we moved in...

Not bad!

No comments: