My kids are awesome. After 9 weeks of being a mom of two, that still sounds weird. KidS. Plural. More than one. Two to make me proud, drive me crazy and take care of me in old age. Lately, I've had some really fun interactions with Hayden.
Yesterday in the car, he was telling me a story. I was trying to follow but got hung up on one part so I tried to whisper to Jay, "What does he mean, the bad guy bit his shirt?". Well. Nothing gets by Hayden. So he piped up from the back, "HEY. I talking to you." I apologized and he told me, "Don't do 'at again." Little dictator.
Sunday he was enjoying a little time-out in his room for not listening, when Jay suggested that he could be bribed with ice cream (he as in Jay) and we heard the ice cream man. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough, and we missed him. We took a walk around the neighborhood trying to flag him down but it was to no avail. Hayden kept saying, "He left us. Ice cream man left us," and then the killer, "I SO sad." You can believe there was a field trip for ice cream later that day for my disappointed little boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment