Thanks to Pinterest, I've tried new recipes every night for almost two weeks! We've had some really good success, and only a few tweaks here and there. It's really nice to try a few new things and mix up some of the usual stuff we eat. My house can be a tough crowd, especially when they're used to the same old, same old.
The two recipes I did last night are so simple, they aren't really "recipes".
The first was a roasted pork loin. I browned the pork loin on all sides in some olive oil on medium heat. Once it was done, I tossed it in the roasting pan, squeezed dijon mustard from end to end a few times and let that sit a minute (since it was still pretty warm from the stove). Next I added brown sugar up and down the pork loin and put that in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Pulled it out, let it rest for 10 minutes and it was perfect! Great flavor, juicy and a little different!
To go with that, I did a few roasted sweet potatoes. Tossed diced sweet potatoes in olive oil, sprinkled a little salt and sesame seeds and spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roasted for about 30 minutes at 400. I pulled them out and drizzled a mix of soy sauce and honey, placed under the broiler for about 3 minutes. These tasted great! I would have liked to cook them about 5 minutes longer to crisp them up a bit but overall I was pretty happy with it.
Now, what to cook tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment