Friday, March 2, 2012

Getting there

So. I've been back at work since mid-week last week, and we're getting through it. Next challenge? Getting through it more easily. This is all transition for all four of us (five including Oscar) but so far I think we've all had a reasonable number of meals and baths. Here's where my organizational skills need to kick in so I can keep things relatively clean and running at home, and meals planned. We've been pretty good about meal planning and shopping for meals instead of just shopping, but I have a long way to go before I'm where I want to be.

Logically, I'd like to be like my friend Val and use Sunday as my prep day for the week. Prep and portion out breakfast and lunch for me for the week, while meal planning for dinner and making sure Hayden has easy access to healthy choices for snacks. He's very independent of course, so if we have to help him get something he gets frustrated. I have gotten smarter and sliced the banana/pumpkin/zucchini bread after it cools and put it into individual bags so he can grab one when he wants one.

I have a cleaning schedule that I want to tweak, but it really only works if a) your house is totally clean to start and b) if you stick to it. Some days, it's nice to just sit down and do a puzzle with Hayden at 8 o'clock instead of folding laundry. So I do that. But when I skip a day of laundry, it's like it multiplies. We'll get it together eventually!

No comments: