Ah, the dreaded cleanse day. Last time around, I was only partially successful at cleanse days so I was determined to do better this time. Armed with a little bit of the science surrounding it, I really wanted to do this for my body.
I started off early, with cleanse for life and Ionix supreme. I took my accelerator and really thought between ionix and CFL, I would be fine. And then it hit me again: the overwhelming urge to vomit. GEEZ. I have to figure out what to do about this supplement! It didn't affect me this way AT ALL ONE TIME last time. But I am not giving up.
So as I'm driving the stretch from dropping Lila off to work, about 30 minutes, I am trying to hold back the feeling to vomit by sheer will. I DON'T want to throw up; it hurts, it's messy, and I've gotten an hour into this cleanse day and I don't want to vomit pure money. So I had a few decisions to make: eat and bust my cleanse day before it really starts; throw up and start over; throw up and throw in the towel.
I opted for 2-3 almonds, and my apple. Small portions of food (50 cal or less) are approved for cleanse day, just not enough to really stimulate digestion. But digestion was what I needed to get over this hump and move forward. I also hate to eat an apple without cutting it but when you're driving and about to yak, you make a choice! So I ate the apple, drank water and kept saying, "You are not going to be sick. You are not going to be sick." It worked! By the time I got to work I was feeling much better.
This day was good because I was busy all around, so I didn't have a lot of time to just think about food. I had a college fair at 10am, which was going to bump a little into my next cleanse serving but not so much that I needed to make it while I was there. I drank TONS of water whilst there and it wasn't really hard to avoid the snacks they had out for us. It was all processed, all sugar and calories and sodium, and all in bags. So at least it wasn't delicious smelling pizza or something. I finished up right at 12 and raced back to make my next serving.
The next two hours were work, water, and wafers. When I got super hungry feeling or just needed to chew, I popped in an Isa Snack. My first time friends are NOT fans of them, but I have learned to appreciate their worth when it's the only thing I get to eat on cleanse day! Around 2:30 I left the office because I had scheduled a haircut! Finally! I never get haircuts because I'm terrible at making time for myself AND spending money but I did it and it coincided perfectly with this challenge and my first cleanse day. So I had a little pampering in my day :-)
I got home and realized the blessing and the curse of having dinner in the crock pot of cleanse day: I don't have to stand over the stove and cook food I won't be eating, but dang did it smell delicious! I felt prepared and slightly empowered, as I made the red skin mashed potatoes that looked wonderful. I didn't even taste them, because I have no willpower and that would have turned into full blown dinner. My family ate, I sat with them and drank my CFL and as an added bonus, the NCAA tournament started on my cleanse day which was a surefire way to keep me busy and my mind off food for four hours until bed time. I like to go to bed early on cleanse days to get them over with, but UNC was playing at 720 and I wasn't going to miss it.
I ended up falling asleep on the couch before the end of the second half but watched most of it and felt successful on my first cleanse day of the challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment