Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fit Mom Challenge: Day 1 (Cont'd)

Day 1 is in the books!

And what a day it was...

I started the day feeling tired from the weekend's activities and ready for a fresh start!

Since I did the challenge before I have a decent memory of what comes when and how to do all the things. Much of it, I incorporated into my real life post-challenge so it wasn't a huge change for me. Supplements, shake, water, GO!

I had time for my morning snack in between my busy time at work, and just kept filling up my water bottle. I'm a better water drinker early in the day so I try to get as much in as possible.

I realized I was sort of hungry at 11am which was NOWHERE near my 1pm possible lunch time because of my event. So I just kept drinking water and tried to shift my thinking from food. This is my problem: I eat all the time. So my body cues that I'm "hungry" and I immediately eat. Instead I waited until 1 to eat, where I sat down with my coworkers and ate my salad and drank my shake. And realized, waiting two hours to eat didn't kill me! And I was much more satisfied with my meal choices. The biggest thing about this 30 day challenge is my chance to reset: my metabolism, digestion, hydration, hunger cues and mindset.

My afternoon went slowly until gym time, and it was LEG DAY. Biggest muscle group, heaviest weight, new routine I LOVED IT. Someone left the big girl plates (35s) on the Smith machine so I figured that was a sign to step it up a bit and go heavier. I felt so accomplished when it was done! I had a post-workout protein bar on the way home and got to work on dinner.

Since Jay had that big exotic game hunt in January, we have a lot of meat in our freezer! Waste not, want not so we are eating the lean meats and saving money on our grocery bill while also keeping me in line with the challenge. Addax burger (1/2 portion), brown rice and green beans for me along with my salad.

At the end of the day I realized that SO much of the challenge last time has been incorporated into my daily life that this time around should be easier. I have a lot of changes I still want to make, but I'm glad I started this journey last year and can see how I've progressed since! My mid-afternoon snacking and post-dinner snacks are my biggest competitors and I'm glad I could conquer them on day 1!

No comments: