Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 10

1/3 of the way through! I noticed a significant difference in my gym workout today, after our challenge call. I wanted to push myself more, I wanted to work harder.

Initially I wondered, "Why don't we have a FB group?" or something like that to keep us accountable, to check in on, etc. On day two I realized how disastrous that might be! Because the second someone had different results than me, different progress, despite a different starting point, I would likely be discouraged. I love that NO ONE I know is doing this challenge along with me, because I'm not spending time comparing myself to anyone but me. I am in competition with myself.

I tried out my hummus kale deviled eggs as my post-workout snack yesterday and I think I enjoyed them as much as one can enjoy a deviled egg without mayo and with kale. I like mixing it up though and this was a good way to do that.

Some nights I haven't been as hungry at dinner as others, but I knew Cleanse Day was coming up so I didn't skimp on my (appropriately-sized) portions of protein, veggies and brown rice (my fave) at dinner. I did find that I was better at recognizing when I was full and not trying to make myself eat everything on my plate.

My legs and butt were still sore from Day 9 when I went to bed on Day 10, so hopefully that means progress!

No comments: