Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 5: optional workout

So day 5 has an optional workout and I decided I really wanted to do it. Day 5 also fell on a busy Friday so this was tricky. I packed a gym bag with shower supplies because I knew my workout would be midday with me returning to work, and that I was meeting my wine club right after work with no time to go home in between. 

I like to work out at 4 so I can go straight home. But Friday we had a retirement party for our beloved Admin Asst who was leaving after 12 years. So I wasn't missing that! I went to the gym at 2 and realized my shower plans were foiled because of exams in Bryant Hall (no access to showers) and because I forgot a towel! 

After my workout I was as usual a sweaty mess and my hair was atrocious. So I washed my hair in the bathroom sink with much difficulty but I did it! Lack of towel? Improvise. Used my gym shirt. I'm a genius. 


At the party I had delicious options including my favorite, carrot cake. Hard to resist but I did! I brought my own carrots and hummus and had a few strawberries. There will always be another carrot cake, right? 

I left work to meet my wine club at Friendly center. We went to Whole Foods for dinner where I tried a few things with veggies in them I don't normally eat. I'm trying! Eventually I settled on salmon and black bean quinoa salad. It was a little easier to walk by the "cookies by the pound" station. But they did smell delicious. As did all the tasting wine. 

We went to see Pitch Perfect 2 (it was aca-awesome) and popcorn is definitely my fave. But there will be more! Afterward we went to Wine Styles and I sipped my water while my friends enjoyed bubbly Prosecco. Next time I'm all in, guys! 

When I came home I didn't feel bloated and uncomfortable and was proud of my willpower. I'm interested to see how that compares when the challenge is over and I'm not able to use the same motivation to make better choices! 

No comments: