Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 7

Rest day!

Sunday was a little calmer since Jay works ALL day and it was me and the kiddos. The problem with calm is that it lacks structure! That's the hardest part for me: the senseless eating. I'm around, the food is around, I eat when I'm not hungry. So I was excited to conquer a lazy day.

I got a small workout in by mowing the yard, which ended up being a terrible error in judgment since I woke up bothered with allergies. It was full on miserable after mowing and kicking up all that dust and grass. But a good little cardio blast in the heat!

So I haven't had much dairy this week, save for a literal, actual teaspoon of cheese on my salad one night. I am a milk/cheese GIRL. I love my dairy. But I know it causes a good amount of bloat so I have been pretty good about eliminating it. I did have a snack last night with plain nonfat Greek yogurt with strawberries and cinnamon. Well. If all dairy tasted like that, I could give it up no problem! I realized I had never had plain Greek yogurt and it is TART. Even with sweet strawberries it was hard to get down. I have some agave syrup I may dabble on there (the recipe in my cookbook calls for Stevia, which I don't have, and peaches, which I subbed the berries for because peaches aren't in season yet!) next time to make it feel like I'm treating myself.

I did measurements and progress pics (torture) so I can see progress. That's why I'm doing this, among other reasons, is to see a difference. I found that by dinner, I didn't really want a full plate (even of fish, brown rice and veggies) and wasn't hungry when I went to bed, so something is working!

No comments: