Our trip took FAR longer than expected due to some (avoidable) setbacks so we got in around 2am. Yikes! That meant not as much sleep as I would have liked for sure. But I stuck to my usual routine: breakfast shake, water, midmorning snack of apples and almonds, lunch shake. Dinner I knew would be a little tricky since it's a weekend for BBQing! But I did half of my Saturday workout, which is 30 minutes of steady-state cardio. This is usually a walk for me, but since I had a pool handy I used that to my advantage. Swimming is great exercise and I wish I had access to a pool all the time!
Dinner wasn't the worst choices- grilled chicken was my protein but "BBQ foods" were mainly my choices for sides. So I enjoyed a little macaroni salad, a deviled egg and some corn on the cob. Not my usual greens and complex carbs, but I enjoyed myself in moderation so I didn't feel too badly about it. I still avoided alcohol, caffeine and sugar so I don't think I really "fell off the wagon".
No comments:
Post a Comment