So I'm down a full week of the program. Yay! 1/4 of the way there, and I'm still standing. Here's a few things I learned:
* My cold water trick for the shake backfired, as it makes it more difficult for the shake to completely be absorbed. But after drinking them a few days, I don't need them as cold. So back to cold-ish water!
* I can learn to eat some veggies, but there are others I just. can't. do. No matter how small they're chopped or what they're mixed with (I'm looking at you, cucumber)
* I have a terrible, toxic relationship with food. I eat for no reason. This week I've reminded myself, every time I eat, "You're eating for fuel". I need to pay attention to what I'm eating.
* This challenge is about structure and habits, but not set-in-stone methods. I need to have things on hand to snack on when I get hungry that are good for my body, will satisfy my cravings and fill me up. Otherwise I'm stuck with being hungry (and hangry) or making bad choices.
* I really do like the convenience of Isagenix shakes. I won't drink them twice a day every day when this challenge is over, but I would love to have them on hand for days I know are going to be crazy or I just won't have time to eat in the morning.
* I really like working out! I like the burn, the sweat, the almost-throw-up feeling when I'm done. Knowing I have pushed my body and it pushed back and we made it through it.
* The scale is a liar! I stayed off the scale all week (which was surprisingly challenging; I had NO idea how many times a day I hopped on it "just to see") and when I got on it Sunday, there was little change from the previous week. I KNOW muscle weighs more than fat. I KNOW it takes time to see progress. But I feel different, my progress pictures are different, my measurements are different, and the scale hasn't caught up. So it was a little bit freeing to know I didn't need to pay attention to those numbers to feel like I was doing something right. Suck it, scale. Also, I have a significant weight fluctuation throughout the day, so I can't wait to ask my trainer about that during our progress call tomorrow night.
* There is a huge difference when I don't eat dairy or carbs. I will never give those up. But I need a better relationship with them.
* I have survived a week without coffee. I can do it. But I'm gonna get one in this week, an iced one with natural sweetener and a splash of milk. I just have to.
* I can do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment