Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 6 : Saturday

I have definitely been concerned about the weekends for this challenge! Rightfully so, since no two weekends are ever the same and they all come with different challenges. This weekend was no exception from our crazy life!

Jay worked this weekend so the morning started off slowly (thankfully since I got home late!) and I didn't want to do much moving early. We rarely have much time to "do nothing" so I enjoyed a movie in bed with the little ones. Shake and such for breakfast, the usual routine for this 30 days. We had some running around to do when Jay got home mid-morning so I brought my water and nuts along for my morning snack. My timing was a little off since I started later than I do Monday-Friday but that's when I realized this plan is supposed to make my life EASIER. Not harder. So I relaxed a little bit and tried to make it work for me.

We went to Family Fun Day at Hayden's school, with lots of bouncy houses and climbing things and music and Kona Ice. And pizza and Chick Fil A. I'm finding the willpower gets easier when I notice how much better my body feels without the excess, without the junk. It's easier not to put sugar and such into my body when I haven't missed it this week. But it was HOT out there which zapped me pretty quickly!

We took a trip to the Farmers Market and the grocery store and my cart was FILLED with fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats. As a general rule we are good with fruits and lean meat; the veggies are a struggle because I don't eat as many as most people. I did pick up some kale and have high hopes for it.

At around 6pm I did my short Tabata Finisher workout, with my little sidekick in tow! Lila wanted to help and "Play too" so she did my workout with me. This is a big part of my motivation for this challenge: I want my kids to see me making healthy choices too! After dinner I did my steady-state cardio 30 minute walk (man it was still hot out!) and it went by pretty quickly. It also felt like a nice stretch out for my sore muscles.

Day 6 in the books!

No comments: