Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Body Forward: Day 1

I promise not to post every day. And that they won't be as long.

I got up when my alarm went off and headed right downstairs. Before I went to bed Sunday I took a screenshot of my "shake days" plan so I have access to it all the time. I knew that my first step was an early morning "tea" with Isagenix Supreme. I measured out my water, heated it up and stirred in a scoop of Supreme. It doesn't have a whole lot of flavor but tastes like apples and vanilla so at least it's not offensive to the senses.

My third "aha" moment was the convenience factor of the shakes. Chocolate is in the canister with scoop; berry is in the packets. I do have my old formula shaker that Jay uses for his protein powder but in the interest of convenience and consistence, I decided that I would do chocolate in the mornings and berry for lunch.


I decided to keep notes in my phone to track my progress outside of the Trainerize app. This way I can track my water consumption, the times I eat, even my bowel movements. Sorry, TMI, but this plan is supposed to aid with digestion and girl can use all the help she can get! I mixed my shake, took my Natural Accelerator, filled up my water cup (Starbucks insulated cup with a straw is my best chance for getting in the water I need), tossed my dry roasted almonds in the bag along with my shake pack for lunch, IsaSnacks, plain mixed green salad and IsaLean bar. In my gym back I packed my clothes, my shoes, some deodorant and body spray (you're all welcome) and hoped I was getting out the door with everything I needed.

The challenge started with a call on Sunday night that I wasn't able to attend (see: Mother's Day laziness) so once I dropped both kids off I let that play while I was driving (thanks Bluetooth) (safety first). I finished my shake on the way to work and started in on my water. I'm concerned with making sure my dental health doesn't suffer so I drink water right after my shake to wash it down and get all the stuff off my teeth! By the time I got to work I was already 16 oz in of my water so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'll spare you all the details in paragraph form but I'll show you what a day on the 30 Day Body Forward Challenge looks like!

Here's what the breakdown of my day looked like when it was all over:

630 6oz water + Supreme
730 8 oz water + IsaLean chocolate shake; Natural Accelerator capsule
830 16 oz water
1030 16 oz water
11 12 unsalted almonds
1130 16 oz water
1240 mixed greens salad with balsamic vinegar, 16 oz water
115 8 oz water + IsaLean berry shake
330 16 oz water, 1 Isa Snack
4 workout!
530 1/2 IsaLean bar
6 16 oz water
730 5oz grilled tuna steak, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans
915 16 oz water
10 1 IsaFlush capsule

Here's what I learned:
* 96 oz is a lot of water! And I didn't quite make my goal, but it's day 1. I'm learning.

* I am really surprised at how the shakes keep me full. I am a classic overeater, and I eat for no reason! I'm glad to have this to keep me under control.

* Heat feels different when you're hydrated! I sat in the sun yesterday just to get out of my office for a few minutes. 15 minutes in direct sunlight at 80 degrees and I loved it instead of hating it!

* By dinner time I was hungry but halfway through I felt myself getting full! It's also REALLY hard for me to eat a normal portion of brown rice because I LOVE it. So I measured it and only ate what was on my plate!

* I love having the workout videos right at my disposal so I can see the proper form, but I need to make time pre-workout to familiarize myself with the workout itself. That way I'm not wasting time at the gym watching the videos for the first time.

* I can do this!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You got this!!! 💗